The news is out! The Electric Quilt Company will soon be launching (early June) version 7 of its quilt design software. As you know, this is the software I use to design my patterns. I had a hard time even trying to imagine how it could bet any better than version 6, but as usual, EQ blows my mind away. In addition to all the wonderful features we have gotten used to in version 6, we will now be able to do a lot more with photographs!
These are some of the new features we can expect.
Quilts, Blocks and now PHOTOS!
Digital cameras will become a quilter’s best friend. EQ7 has dozens of ways to turn everyday photos into quilt art images. Or crop and edit scanned fabrics right in EQ7 in minutes. And that’s just the start!
New Activation Policy
You’ll never run out of EQ7 activations! Activation and deactivation is as easy as two clicks of the mouse. Install on as many computers as you like and quickly transfer activations from computer to computer. This new policy gives you complete freedom to manage your own activations – and no dongle to worry about!
Easier than ever for new users
EQ7 is the most user-friendly full-featured quilting software yet.
• Complete user manual
• 22 printable full-color PDF lessons (115 pages)
• Point-and-read info on each tool – now linked directly to Help topics
• 10 videos targeted for beginners
• 67 “How do I?” topics: printable stepped-out instructions for doing everything from printing English paper-piecing templates to drawing a New York Beauty
• Built-in Help buttons are everywhere, targeted to the task you’re doing
• New block tools for creating original blocks instantly without drawing
• Blocks size themselves – just drag and drop on the quilt
Users upgrading from EQ6 will feel right at home
Exactly the same friendly interface, plus loads of new user-requested features.
• 5000 copyright-free blocks
• 5000 new scanned fabrics, plus grayscale textures
• 120 new pre-designed quilt layouts
• Snap blocks to a Quilt grid
• Instant border blocks with greatly expanded Auto Borders
• Print multiple photos on fabric
• Create original fabric designs from photos, then print on fabric
• Mirror and use myriad symmetries on photos
• Use dozens of artistic effects, making everyday photos look like watercolors or Impressionist paintings
• 79 new features in all
Works on netbooks as well as laptops and desktop computers.
Hmmm… this means I’m going to have to do a lot more designing, right? What do you think?