I have now finished the second UFO I committed to this month. I’ll probably get one more done this weekend, but it looks like I’ll be falling short from the four I had planned. I’m not going to pound on myself over that, however. I’m just happy to have gotten this far!
To recap: This was to be a dimensional project, featuring a Rose of Sharon design. I started it about this same time a year ago, inspired by the tutorials I had been working on for our members, for a series on Dimensional Flowers. I hand quilted it, attached a sleeve and the binding. I even had a set of the border flowers done. And that’s as far as I got. In spite of all the work I had put into it, I guess I just wasn’t that turned on by my choice of fabrics.
So this has been my sewing project this last week. I really do enjoy hand sewing. In my original design, I had planned ROS designs in the border corner blocks. Jono (DS1) and Jamie (DD) came in as I was playing around with the dimensional flowers, and both insisted I should simplify and place only the flowers on the center of each border. Over the years I have learned it is in my best interest to listen to my kids… they tend to be right!
Now that this quilt is finished… I’m really happy with it!
What I’m never happy with is my lack of photography skills. I know – I probably should have used a tripod, because I can never get the angle right. This quilts is actually really nicely squared, but I couldn’t get it to photograph correctly. The colors are still a little off, but close enough. Oh, well. I never said I was a professional photographer!