I always reserve a hand sewing project to work on when my sewing circle meets on Thursdays. And in my defense, that’s my excuse for not having finished this little project sooner. You see, we hardly met all summer, and so it has taken me nearly four months to complete this little key holder.
If you recall, I first posted about this project way back in early June. I finally finished the appliqué last Thursday, and quilted and bound it over the weekend. At that time I had appliquéd the top part, as I wanted to test the size before offering the pattern to our members. And I was glad I did, because the appliqué pieces really were tiny and users might have found it frustrating. But I did want to finish my smaller version and actually use it as a key holder!
If you look closely, you will see I pierced small holes through the quilt itself to fit the screws of four small cup hooks. Those are screwed onto a small piece of wood at the back of the quilt. It works! I think I’m really going to enjoy this particular piece. 🙂