If the first week of the year is any indication of what the rest of 2012 is going to look like… then I’m in for a pretty busy year!
I’m involved in several designing/publishing projects this year, and this weekend I had to quickly put together and embellish a couple of quilt labels for an upcoming publication. It was entirely up to me what I chose to do, and I’m afraid that due to the time constraints I took the easy way out. The one with the Easter eggs I simply printed out on pre-treated fabric and highlighted a few areas with fabric paints. On the second one (flower border) I did take a little more time and actually traced the design, then colored it with Prismacolor pencils (and treated with color extender to prevent fading). I then embroidered it with a back-stitch to give it a country feel. Now off in the mail they go!
Once again, I apologize for the quality of the photo… I can never seem to get the shot straight on. I know it’s something I should learn to do better. And I’m sure using the tripod would help, but I’m always in such a hurry… And I’m sure the publishing house will do a much better job with a professional photographer. 🙂