At least with regard to February. I’m hoping that by breaking these down by months I will actually get (all???) my UFOs finished… this year?
So I started with the least involved project. I figured if I could get one done quickly, that would motivate me to work on the rest. Right? This was one of my beginner projects. I took the borders off to square up the top… and boy were my blocks all crooked! If you recall, this is what it looked like initially:
Apparently I had tried to fit the borders to the edges of the blocks. So I squared it up as best I could. While I was at it, I decided to use another fabric for the border, to see if I could liven it up a bit. This was also done in the days when I couldn’t find batting locally, so I had taken polyester filling (the kind you use to stuff toys), and had patted it down as best I could to form a layer of filling. I wasn’t going to pick all my beautiful hand quilting (probably the only thing I liked about this project!), so I decided to add a little machine quilting, to give the piece some stability. And yes, this time I sewed the binding on correctly. I think I have learned something over the years. 🙂
I’m still using Jamie’s camera (I’ll be getting a new one next month – yay!), so still haven’t figured it all out. So sorry about the somewhat dark picture, and the weird angle. Believe me, the piece IS straight this time!
(Side note: as I sat here writing this, there was a pretty strong tremor. Haven’t had one of those in a while. And –quite typically– I grabbed my monitor, just in case the shaking continued. Others would run, but we tend to get used to this… 🙂 It’s not the first time I’ve been known to grab onto something to make sure it doesn’t fall in the middle of a tremor.)